Sunday, October 11, 2009

Greek To Me




I´m fairly confident I´m the only person within several hundred, probably thousand, kilometers who is studying the Slovak language. I can also say, with a decent amount of certainty, that I´m the only tourist in Mexico toting a Slovak language textbook to my Spanish language school. While everyone else is studying their conjugations of ir, I´m still trying to figure out what all those little dots and upside down v´s over the letters in Slovak words could possibly mean. The good news is this: I´ve learned to conjugate my first verb! The verb is mat´(to have), and here it is:

ja mám my máme
ty más vy máte
on má oni majú

(I did it without looking!)

The bad news? I don´t know any nouns. What I, you, he, we, and they have is anyone´s guess.

Stay tuned: 80/20

No comments:

Post a Comment