Sunday, February 28, 2010

High Sticking



Hockey fever is in the air, and I have apparently caught the bug. The evidence? My alarm went off at 5:00 AM this morning, and, without hitting snooze, I threw on my coat and headed down the street. Following the noise of Jock Rock tunes and cheers, I arrived at the square, where a crowd had assembled to watch, on a big screen, Slovakia play Finland in the Olympic bronze medal match. Despite all of the Slovak enthusiasm, replete with inflatable noisemakers and beer bottle-shaped kazoos, not to mention a 3-1 lead going into the third period, the white, blue, and red were defeated. At least for me, though, one small victory came out of the match. As the crowd chanted "Chceme gol," I knew exactly what they were saying.

Stay tuned: Stork spotting

No comments:

Post a Comment