Sunday, May 9, 2010

Never Underestimate the Power of a Post-It

I'll admit that the fairytale debacle got to me. By the time I went to bed that night, I was convinced that I was not smart enough to learn this language. And, anyway, weren't most Slovaks I met telling me that I shouldn't bother learning it in the first place? That I should learn something useful like Mandarin or Arabic?
But with the morning awoke renewed optimism and the certainty that what I really needed in order to learn wasn't a more disciplined study regimen or more private lessons. No, what I needed were office supplies. So, after a trip to the knock-off Office Depot (grrrrr..)to buy index cards, markers, Post-Its, and scissors (I'm not exactly sure yet whtat the scissors are for), I am once again ready to conquer the Slovak language, at least until the next homework assignment.



Stay tuned: Museum Mayhem

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that the words are affixed to their corresponding items.

    ReplyDelete