Thursday, November 19, 2009

And the fortune that went with it


After my sushi-fest, this was the fortune that arrived at my table:

La oportunidad toca a su puerta una sola vez. Este alerta.

(Opportunity knocks only once. Be alert.)

So I've been trying to stay alert, keeping a keen eye open for that opportunity.

Since receiving that fortune, I've turned down an invitation to join some men in the basement of the "Internet cafe," an offer of a ride in the back of a pick-up truck through a deserted ex-hacienda, and the chance to donate money on-line to a stranger, even though the title of the email affirmed that God had chosen me for that very task.


I hope that none of these were the opportunity to which the fortune was referring.


Maybe the knocks will be louder in Puerto Vallarta (or maybe I'll go back fo a new fortune tonight. After all, mango and avocado together...)


Stay tuned: San Pavo

No comments:

Post a Comment