Thursday, November 12, 2009

Padres



My parents just departed after visiting me for 10 days. We took part in a Day of the Dead tour and then continued on to Mexico City. Traveling with them, you would have never guessed that they hadn´t ever traveled outside of the US (except for Canada and Los Cabos, which hardly count as international destinations).

These are the reasons I was proud of them as travelers:

1. Not a word of complaint about the food, even though dad just about jumped out of his skin with excitement when he found ravioli on a menu

2. They attempted a little Spanish (mom knows muebles!), although the occasional German "nein" escaped form my father´s mouth (Brain research is accurate!)

3. They climbed to the top of the Pyramid of the Sun, all 248 steps

4. Dad kept everyone on the tour entertained with his on-demand karaoke

5. Dad stomached mezcal, and mom took a shot (of water!)


And I thank them for:

1. The extra space in their suitcases (to relieve me of some of my suitcase bulk)

2. The magical floating coin purse

3. Moving outside of their comfort zone to come and see me!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment